Further in Depth Description
* Pharmaceutical grade SAM-e sourced from Italy, the purest, most efficacious and safest source available.
* We use the SAM-e tosylate disulfate form. This form has been the most extensively utilized form in clinical trials of SAM-e.
* Tablet is enteric coated for maximum absorption of the active ingredient.
* The enteric coating protects the SAM-e from moisture that may occur in packaging and storage. The coating also protects the SAM-e from being degraded by stomach acid, thereby allowing it to be digested and absorbed into the bloodstream via the small intestine.
* SAM-e has been shown in numerous studies to support positive mood through its role in the synthesis, metabolism and function of neurotransmitters.*
* SAM-e is essential for normal, healthy liver detoxification, specifically processes involving methylation reactions which help chemically modify toxic substances into forms that can be easily excreted.*
* Studies show SAM-e helps support healthy joint structure and function by participating in the production of important structural components of healthy connective tissue, including cartilage, ligaments and tendons. SAMe is also important for encouraging a normal, healthy inflammatory response.*
* SAM-e is required for the metabolism of homocysteine (compound that causes damage to the cardiovascular system) into the amino acid methionine.*