Further in Depth Description
* Vitamin C is essential for the synthesis and stability of
collagen, the underlying structure of bone, skin, ligaments, tendons, blood
vessels and other body tissue.
* Vitamin C is an essential cofactor for the manufacturing
of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and epinephrine, essential for the
normal, healthy functioning of the nervous system.*
* The transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria of the
cell where they are used to make energy (ATP) requires L-carnitine which cannot
be manufactured without vitamin C.
* Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant helping to neutralize
peroxyl and hydroxyl free radicals as well as regenerating the antioxidants
vitamin E and glutathione back to their reduced forms (form in which they serve
* Vitamin C helps to limit the production of nitrosamines
from nitrites found in foods such as hot dogs, bacon and cold cuts.
Nitrosamines have been shown to be potentially harmful to the body.*
* Vitamin C is essential for a healthy immune system.
Histamine is secreted by the body in response to allergens and infections.
Vitamin C has been shown to help support normal, healthy levels of histamine.
In addition, vitamin C supports healthy levels of interferon and normal,
healthy white blood cell activity; both critical to healthy immune function.*
*Added Rosehips for synergistic benefits and enhanced
*Rose hips contain a variety of antioxidants like
carotenoids, flavonoids, and polyphenols.